Church of the Open Bible is a community of people seeking to follow Jesus Christ.
Considerations for Gathering at Church of the Open Bible Ponoka
We are excited to offer services again in our facility. If you are interested in attending one of our services (Sun. @ 9:00am & 11:00am), please make yourself aware of some of the changes that have been made.
Before the Service:
- Assess whether you and your family are healthy enough to attend (consider taking this online self-assessment).
- RSVP for one of our service times (Sunday - 9:00am or 11:00am). It is our hope that you will commit to one service time for subsequent weeks but there will be flexibility if needed. You can RSVP by using this online form or by calling the church office at 403-783-6500. If you RSVP online your registration will be confirmed later.
- Prepare to bring what you need for your children (i.e., snacks, coloring books, etc.). Our nursery and children’s church will not be available so children will remain with their parents for the service. Feel free to bring your own water or coffee in a travel mug. Masks are mandatory at this time.
Arriving for the Service:
- When you arrive you will be welcomed by one of our leaders at the main doors. They will confirm your RSVP, ask you some questions, and escort you to your seats.
- There will be signage and tape to help facilitate physical distancing as you wait in line and go to your seats. We will refrain from physical contact (i.e., shaking hands) with those other than who we came with, both before and after the service.
- Properly spaced pews will ensure proper distancing in the sanctuary, while a number of tables at the back will be made available for families with children.
During the Service:
- As mentioned, children must remain with their family during the course of the service. Physical distancing between family units will be maintained at all times.
- Washrooms will be available if needed.
Leaving the Service:
- At the conclusion of the service, each family unit will be dismissed, one at a time out the side sanctuary door.
- As you leave, you may drop your offering in the box/plate on the way by.
- We also ask that you refrain from milling about the building after the service.
If you do not feel able or willing to comply, we encourage your participation online as we will post the video here late Sunday or early Monday. We continue to pray and hope for being able to gather again, all together as one big family. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you again for your prayers and support.